Take Home Kits for May and June

What is a take home kit?

A take home kit is where we put together crafts for guests to take and do at home. A library program in a bag with instructions if you will. These kits can range widely from soap-making for teens to gluing colorful streamers to a cloud for toddlers. I aim to make kits for elementary-aged kids from 6 - 11 years old. Below, I have the poster, description, and instructions. I found that I rarely get feedback on kits but I'll mention it if there was any. Feel free to copy any of these! 

The Kits


I found a lot of ideas for summer bucket lists on Pinterest and TikTok that made me want to have my library kids make their own. The kit included a short description as to why one would want to make a bucket list, tips to fill up a list, ideas to try, the list itself, and a fun pen. To hand them out, I paper-clipped everything together and let the kids (or staff) pick out the pen they got. I made 30 lits. I created all of this in Canva. You're welcome to use my design or let it inspire you to create your own. You can look at mine here

Event Description: 
Is it just me, or does it sometimes feel like summer takes forever to get here, and then the next thing you know it’s passed in the blink of an eye? And you are left wondering…what did I do? Did I make the most of the summer months?

You too? So what’s the answer? 

Make a summer bucket list!


I created this kit last year, and both times it flew into the hands of our guests! The kit includes enough circles so that each one represents 30 minutes of reading, allowing participants to reach the goal of 10 hours of reading. There’s a lot of flexibility for families with this kit—they can choose to make each circle represent one book or even add rewards for completing their reading goals. I used a circle cutter to punch these out, making the prep quick and easy. I made 30 kits. I made the instructions for these a half page so I could use smaller bags.

Event Description:

Start summer off right by reading! The Summer Learning Challenge starts June 1st and that's when you can start growing your worm. Track your time reading and make a fun worm to show how far you've come.



I got this idea from artscrackers.com. The summer reading theme this year was adventure, and I wanted to inspire kids to explore the outdoors with this kit. I inculded craft rolls, washi tape, and yarn. I pre-taped the washi strips to the inside of the bag, which worked well. The tape was still sticky when I had our teen voulnteers try it out. You can look at my instructions here

Event Description:
This kit includes all the materials needed to craft your binoculars, along with a list of fun nature items to find. Ideal for explorers ages 8 - 11, it's a hands-on way to enhance your outdoor experience and discover the world around you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scavenger Hunts

Dog Man Day

Take Home Kits for April - September