Scavenger Hunts

I have recently made all of my scavenger hunts for one year and wanted to share them in case anyone needs ideas! I started doing these in April. They were so popular that I made two for the summer months since kids were coming in more often.

If you are planning to start your own hunt, I'll describe what I do now after a few months of trail and error. I make all the designs in Canva. My library pays for a Pro account which makes it a lot easier to make these. I started off making these too small. We got so many complaints because they were too hard to find. I now make them about the size of my palm and give them a white background so it isn't as hard to find. I learned very quickly that we needed two sets of each theme. We had a few bunnies and weather clouds walk away which makes the hunt impossible to complete. We now have a extra set ready to go at our reference desk. 

If you don't already have one, ask for a Cricut and the software that comes with it. It has made the process of making these so much easier. Plus we use it for displays, billboards, and more. I use the Cricut to cut about three months worth out at once. I then laminate everything with white paper as the background and cut the lamination out by hand (the Cricut can't do this part yet). After I put up a new set, I make a key for other staff that we keep at our computers on the floor to give hints as needed. 

I have a treasure chest that kids can get a small prize from when they complete the hunt. I'll put a few links here for a few things I've purchased to put in the chest. We allow the kids to do the scavenger hunt once a day. This only became a hard rule during the summer since some kids would try to get three or more prizes within 30 minutes. 

 
  
 
 
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Man Day

Take Home Kits for April - September