Take Home Kits for January

What is a take home kit?

A take home kit is where we put together crafts for guests to take and do at home. A library program in a bag if you will. These kits can range widely from soap-making for teens to gluing colorful streamers to a cotton ball cloud for toddlers. I aim to make kits for elementary-aged kids from 6 - 11 years old. Below, I have the poster, description, and instructions. I found that I rarely get feedback on kits but I'll mention it if there was any. Feel free to copy any of these!


The libraries in my area promote Dolly Parton's Imagination Library. If you don't know, Dolly mails free books to kids under the age of 5. It's an amazing program that helps lots of kids. You can read more about it and sign up here: imaginationlibrary.com. Dolly's birthday is January 19th so we're celebrating! 


The Kits
I've been collecting tissue and glove boxes for the better part of a year to do this take home kit. It's an easy craft that mostly takes trash to complete and I love asking my coworkers for their trash! I made the instructions here


My library system also made a scavenger hunt for all the libraries to use. I used my regular scavenger hunt format for kids to be able to mark off the ones they found. We had train temporary tattoos to hand out as prizes that the kids really loved. My scavenger hunt was featured in The Oklahoman too! You can see some great pictures of kids finding the trains here



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Man Day

Scavenger Hunts

Take Home Kits for April - September