Noon Years Eve Party


What is Noon Year's Eve?

I got the idea from librerin. This isn't a new idea but I thought it was brilliant in a library space. We had a party to celebrate the new year at noon instead of midnight.

Description: 
Staying up until midnight is hard at any age. You don't need to have the fear of missing out when you join us for our Noon Years Eve event. We'll celebrate the New Year by making crafts, counting down, and releasing balloons at noon!

What I did to prepare
This was a simple event to prep. I purchased balloons, a balloon dropstreamers, and Sprite. I also printed out some coloring sheets and new year resolution pages for everyone. I put one example below. The main craft was making party hats. I got my inspiration from Pragmatic Parent. It's a simple craft that you color, cut out, then glue; good for all ages. We have a speaker we use for events as well

I made my own countdown timer and put it at the front of the room. We already had a projector at the library to use. I did end up taping down the cord about halfway through since some kids kept running around the area and making me nervous. 

I wanted to make one wall where everyone could answer questions about the past and upcoming year. I wrote questions like "What's one place you want to visit next year?" and "What's one word to describe the past year?" I left sticky notes out for guests to use on a table nearby. 

I also wanted to do a toast at noon and we were able to through tiny cups and Sprite. We started pouring the drinks out about 15 minutes before noon.

Set Up

I had tables set up on one side of the room, the sticky note wall on the other side, activities in the back, and the timer at the front. It was a bit crowed in the space. I had a ton of people come so I set up a few more tables and chairs and encouraged guests to take breaks to check out books for the new year.



Takeaway
My event was from 11 am - 12:30 pm and I think that it was a bit too long before the balloon drop. Some guests were noticeably board after they finished all the activities. If I do this again, I'll be starting at 11:30 am. Secondly, the wall of sticky note questions was not very popular. A few people answered 1 or 2 but overall I don't think I'll do that part again. Instead, I needed way more tables and chairs. I plan to replace the question wall with more places to do crafts. Finally, I would like to also have one more craft to do. Some didn't like the hat designs I printed out so having another option would be great.

Overall, it was a fun and popular event for my library. I would like to do it again. 





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Man Day

Scavenger Hunts

Take Home Kits for April - September