National Puzzle Day Celebration

What is it a Puzzle Day Celebration?

This event was made to celebrate National Puzzle Day by putting together puzzles. 

Description:

Celebrate National Puzzle Day with jigsaw puzzles, crossword puzzles, logic puzzles, and more. This is a come and go event. 

Feel free to bring a puzzle for our "Puzzle Swap" table. Puzzles must be in their original box, have all their pieces, and be in good condition. Happy trading! 

Registration is appreciated but not required.



What I did to prepare

My library already had a good amount of 1000 piece puzzles and 1 Dog Man puzzle from Dog Man Day. I did decide to purchase a 500 piece puzzle in hopes of being able to finish it in an hour. I found a banned book one that looked cute. It did end up having a very difficult border so keep that in mind if you decide to purchase it too. 


Set Up

I put 2 of our rectangle tables together in 3 pods for 6 tables total. I had one table set up for our puzzle swap that was to the side of the room with a sign on it. Each table had one puzzle open and ready to go. I also had a cart with other puzzles that guests could choose to put together. 



Takeaway

This was the chilliest event I have ever put together. This event was for 1 hour and it flew by for all of us. The puzzle swap wasn't very popular but everyone that attended said they liked the idea of it and wanted to bring one for next time. We were not able to finish any of the puzzles I had out. I like the idea for being able to finish a puzzle so next time, I'll either get a few smaller puzzles or go for a longer time. I would highly recommend trying this event if you already have the puzzles. You can add other puzzles like crosswords or sudoku as well. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Man Day

Scavenger Hunts

Take Home Kits for April - September