Pokemon Club

The Pokemon community never ceases to surprise me. I love Pokemon and have been following the games for years. I came up with a trading and playing event for kids that love all things Pokemon. The idea for this is very simple: have a space for Pokemon people to meet up and trade cards. That's all.

Set up

I held this event the day before Halloween so I purchased the new "Trick or Trade" booster packs. It had 50 packs and each pack and 3 cards. This was perfect for this event because every person got a fun pack to open. I was also fortunate to tell my Pokemon loving friends about this event and they gave me a ton of cards that I was able to give out. 

I actually was going to go into this event with nothing but cards to hand out. However, I remembered that I'm a librarian and Pokemon books exist. As you can see in the pictures below, there area ton of Pokemon books. I also printed off 10 pages that had all 9 of the current generations of Pokemon. I put them on the wall at just above child height. The rest of the room was set up in a classroom style with chairs surrounding a table.

My coworker also sent me a fun Pokemon craft that only involved coloring and cutting. It was perfect because they could do it at the event or take it home. 




The event and takeaway

It went great! We had over 30 people that were made of kids and their adults. Everyone was excited to meet other Pokemon fans. There was a family that actually knew how to play the card game and played the whole hour. Most everyone else traded cards. They loved the booster packs and additional cards I had. Almost half the books were taken. I was asked by 4 different groups when the next Pokemon event would be. It was fun for me and for them so I decided to make it a monthly event! I want to ask someone to come in and teach the kids how to play the game and build decks. Other than that, I plan to do something similar to this each month. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Man Day

Scavenger Hunts

Take Home Kits for April - September