Take Home Kits for October

What is a take home kit?

A take home kit is where we put together crafts for guests to take and do at home. A library program in a bag with instructions if you will. These kits can range widely from soap-making for teens to gluing colorful streamers to a cloud for toddlers. I aim to make kits for elementary-aged kids from 6 - 11 years old. Below, I have the poster, description, and instructions. I found that I rarely get feedback on kits but I'll mention it if there was any. Feel free to copy any of these!

The kits


I made this super easy kit to get information out about the Monarch Migration that comes through Oklahoma around the start of October. I made 30 kits at first that included instructions, 2 and a third pipe cleaners, and a news article from The Oklahoman about the butterflies. I ended up making 30 more kits because the first batch ran out so fast and I took 10 to the nearby senior home. Awesome kit for all ages.

The event description was "Monarch butterflies are known for their migrations across the continent. Oklahoma is one of the last stops they make for food and rest. Learn about how you can make an impact on them and make a fun ring at the same time! 3 kits per household while supplies last."

This is a link to the pdf instructions I made for the kit.




I saw this on Pinterest and fell in love with this craft. It was so cute and easy to make. I purchased a pack of black spoons and had all the other supplies already. I was able to make 49 kits with the supplies I had. 

The event description was "The most common bat found in Oklahoma lives in trees and is known as the Red Bat. This bat is four inches long and weighs only 0.2 - 0.5 ounces. Make your own bat friend with this kit! 3 kits per household while supplies last."

The link to the instructions is here.




I did one last craft that was from the leftovers of our Fall Crafternoon. However, I no longer have access to the sign or instructions I made. I did get the idea from this website and I used most of their instructions and pictures. We already had all of the supplies that I needed. I had one of my lovely coworkers help me cut out the strips of paper for the event and kit. I will say that the glue stick was a little hard to work with because the loops of paper kept popping apart while I tried to stick them to the paper. This is a craft that's geared towards older kids that have a bit of patience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dog Man Day

Scavenger Hunts

Take Home Kits for April - September